Friday, January 9, 2009

10 Things or services I can’t live without

1. My Victorinox pen knife.

1. iPod or listening device with audible books.

2. Sonicare toothbrush.

3. Fast laptop computer (under 4 pounds) with a high speed Internet connection.

4. ETF’s (Exchange-Traded Funds) Index and broadbased and especially from Vanguard. You can’t beat them for their fees and you can’t beat the Market anyway.

5. Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. This should be required reading for every American and for every human if I was king. Writings of Thomas Jefferson would not hurt either.

6. Gourmet coffee. Other than the gourmet coffee shops you still can’t get good coffee most places in America, even in many expensive restaurants and hotels.

7. Living in the central city where everything is available without the car. At the moment I live in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle. Driving is nothing but a waste of time. When I walk I not only get exercise buy can listen to my books on my iPod. Automobiles and the automobile culture is one of the most destructive technologies of mankind.

8. Vietnamese restaurants.

9. Science and reason as opposed to dogma and faith.

10. My Cocker Spaniels Lala & Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment