Friday, January 9, 2009

10 Things I Can Live Without.

1. A car. I live in the city and shop there thus saving time along with making the smallest footprint possible.

2. Suburbs. Man needs to live in the city and walk. Cities with skyscrapers, lots of parks, lakes and green. Walking for an hour or more a day is what most people (Americans) need instead of spewing pollution and sending money to the terrorists.

3. A private jet or expensive ocean going yacht. Next to the car private jets are nothing put a pollution and resource hungry device for people with over inflated egos and/or an inferiority complex. And both of these are extremely isolating.

4. Taxes. Regardless of the question, the answer is lower taxes. Ninety percent of the government budget is wasted.

5. Golf clubs. Goes without saying.

6. Designer clothes.

7. God (Religion).

8. "Help" from the government.

9. Hollywood Cinema. What crap!

10.

4 comments:

  1. I will pray for your eternal soul. Don't you realize that God has a plan for you? While I agree with some things you've wrote, if you read your bible more, you'll see that you should help your fellow man. The government should give more money to poor people as they have not been as blessed as others. Taxes are God's way of getting us to help more

    ReplyDelete
  2. >I will pray for your eternal soul. Don't you realize that God has a plan for you? …you read your bible more, you'll see that you should help your fellow man.

    First of all the Bible was written by a bunch of Iron Age pseudo intellectuals and illiterates and up to 200 years after the fact…assuming there was one. People can’t even describe with accuracy what they did yesterday let alone generations ago.

    If you can prove to me that God has a plan for me I will give you $1 million dollars. In fact, if you can prove your God to me I will give you another $1 million. If you doubt the seriousness of this proposition I will deposit the funds in an escrow account agreeable to the both of us.

    I am very committed to helping my fellow man. I’m a humanist. But I am not going to keep sending money to the third world so they can keep procreating with more people that can’t feed because of their culture. The reason they can’t feed themselves is because of the corruption, ineptness and backwardness caused by Christianity and Islam.

    I contribute to science and medicine where we can contribute to billions of lives. A few children left behind is natural and a lesson and motivation for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proving the existence of my God is very easy. I would not want to take your money to share that with you. Seems like you have absolute faith that God does not exist. What if I said that my God is a small rock that I keep at my desk. I pray to it and it does what I ask about half of the time. Half of the time it teaches me a lesson on how not to wish for that much. I would say that my God is pretty good - even better than most Gods people pray to. Now if you can't prove to me that my rock is not my God, then my God exists and you owe me $1M. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll also give you $1M if you can prove there is a God. If you pray to a rock, than that only proves your idiocracy. Why read the bible anyways? You can find a glorified fairy tale at any local bookstore, they come in much shorter versions like Hercules or The Odyssey. They all tell the same story and will save you a little time.

    ReplyDelete